Huntington Ingalls Industries FINANCIAL ANALYST 1 in Newport News, Virginia
FINANCIAL ANALYST 1
O19: Contracts & Pricing
External Job Description:
Performs economic research and studies subjects such as rates of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, and financial and expense comparisons by analysis of profit and loss statements and income statements. Prepares reports of findings and recommendations to management. Develops, maintains, and establishes operational specifications for financial information systems considering such things as information flow, volume, and document format for data processing equipment. May provide analysis on business development and may monitor business performance by unit or division.
Development of fact-based price negotiation recommendations for supplier and subcontractor contract price proposals incorporated into prime contractor proposals for major U.S. Government contracts. Requires a firm understanding of applicable sections of the Federal Acquisition Regulations and experience analyzing business information including financial, accounting, contractual, operational, economic, and industry benchmark data, and using quantitative analysis methods.
Auto req ID:
Financial Analyst 1
Bachelors degree in related field.
Yes, 25% of the time
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
• Analytical skills for business cost accounting and financial data to include quantitative techniques, cost modeling, and trend analysis
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, particularly with advanced formulas and macros
• Ability to identify and communicate insightful conclusions from evaluated business/financial data
• Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations Subpart 15
• Understanding of US Federal Government contract acquisition practices
• Strong attention-to-detail and editing/auditing skills
• Project Management skills
• Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks and also collaborate with a larger group of cost/price analysts
• Ability to effectively communicate cost/price analysis conclusions verbally and in writing, including MS Power Point presentation software, to management representatives at multiple organizational levels