Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineer in Redmond, Washington
In Analog, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
We are looking for passionate, self-motivated software engineers with a burning desire to learn new technologies and to translate those learnings to implementation, to build projects that lie on the bleeding edge of AR and VR. These projects will be innovative, challenging and fun and in some cases, built in collaboration with renowned companies and partners across the world. These projects will span software, hardware, mechanical, design and art and will require cross-collaboration across multiple teams and disciplines.
What you’ll do:
• Work on state-of-the-art AR/VR prototypes and showcases.
• Work on cutting-edge AR/VR games and applications.
• Bring up new technology stacks and platforms to build AR/VR scenarios.
• Collaborate with software, hardware, mechanical engineers, designers, artists and scientists to solve complex technical problems.
What you’ll need:
• 5+ years of software design and development experience.
• Outstanding technical problem-solving, design, coding and debugging skills.
• Ability to quickly learn new code bases and adapt to existing coding practices.
• Excellent programming skills in C# and/or C++.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Strong collaboration skills.
• Bonus points: There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with: Experience with game engines such as Unity and Unreal. Experience with AR/VR application/game development. Experience developing Universal Windows Platform applications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Development (engineering)