Lockheed Martin Facility Security Officer in Akron, Ohio
Description: The Facility Security Officer (FSO) will responsible for NISPOM (National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual compliance of the Lockheed Martin RMS Akron facility. In addition to NISP compliance, the FSO will also function in an additional role overseeing the security administration of programs with special customer requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
-Oversee the site’s NISP compliance to include: security clearance processing; document control; classification management; contract security specification administration; Closed Area administration; maintenance of records of classified contracts, subcontracts, visitors, classified safes, classified areas, cleared personnel, facility security clearance documentation; etc.
- Ensure compliance with company and government security regulations
- Interface with the site’s cognizant government security organizations (Defense Security Service and others) on a regular basis
- Liaison with other RMS Security functional areas to include: classified cybersecurity, program security, investigations, counter-intelligence, international, etc.
- Provide topical briefings to employees in large and small group settings
- Lead the site’s self inspection team and program. Participate in and/or lead peer reviews/audits of other RMS locations
- Prepare summaries of security incidents, violations, suspicious contacts, and any other adverse information. Provide statistical analysis to senior management when requested. -Assist Investigations team with incident investigations and writing reports
- Address and solve security problems with all levels of employees and customer representatives
- Formulate and/or rewrite local security policy and procedures as required. Achieve and maintain compliance with RMS and corporate policies, procedures, and goals
- Support RMS Peer Reviews as required. -Manage several key processes for the facility including the Visitor Management System (VisitLM), Contractor Screen (First Advantage), and special events
-Oversee the UL-certified Security Operations Center to ensure all Security systems (video surveillance, intrusion detection system, and access control) are operational and properly maintained.
-Serve as the contract monitor for the Security Services contract (access control system, CCTV and recording systems, intrusion detection system, and service maintenance, repairs, annual inspections & certifications).
- Responsible to ensure existing DSS certified closed areas maintain certification, support new closed area construction projects and the associated DSS certification process, and conduct employee training-Liaison with local law enforcement on assorted topics including the planning and execution of training exercises, and on-site support activities
-Participate in capital project planning and implementation for future physical security upgrades
- Oversight of the facilities’ Crisis Management Team and planning activities.
- Assist the Business Resiliency team, when necessary
- Additional tasks as assigned by management
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.