Boise State University Coordinator of Academic Course Scheduling in Boise, Idaho
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://go.boisestate.edu/join-our-team/.
Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Provide oversight for the campus-wide comprehensive academic course scheduling process. A primary role rests with the initial and ongoing education of department schedulers. This position acts as liaison with the Provost’s Office, Office of Information Technology and CollegeNet regarding course scheduling and classroom utilization. And, this position is on-call for building emergencies, where classroom space must be rescheduled.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
Leadership in course scheduling:
- Establish operational objectives and area priorities on a yearly basis.
- Build, monitor and maintain the class schedule development calendar.
- Develop, implement and review department policies and procedures related to course scheduling.
- Serve as primary liaison to CollegeNet.
- Serve as primary liaison with the Provost’s Office and Office of Information Technology regarding the online class scheduling tool in PeopleSoft.
Production and publication of the fall and spring schedule of classes:
- Coordinate the class scheduling process as outlined in BSU Policy 4160.
- Create, manage and disperse calendar of deadlines for the development of the schedule of classes. Plan and oversee preparations for each phase of the production of schedule of classes.
- Review and update scheduling content on the Registrar’s web page.
- Manage and review security access requests from departments for the online class scheduling tool.
- Monitor daily production schedule to make sure academic departments and scheduling staff meet publication and distribution deadlines.
Functional Support and Report Development:
- Collaborate with appropriate administrative staff to determine need for class/room data analysis.
- Analyze data, prepare and present reports on space and seat utilization.
- Provide forecasting reports on space needs (new space and updating existing space).
- Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of standard meeting policy for departmental dedicated room use vs. general purpose room use.
- Coordinate and manage testing of software for patches and upgrades.
- Provide daily supervision and leadership for staff.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage staff.
- Practice effective conflict resolution in managing complaints or grievances.
- Provide regular feedback.
- Run appointment process for summer orientation programs.
- Troubleshoot registration issues in student computer labs for orientation.
- Troubleshoot course set-up issues (in collaboration with Catalog and Curriculum team) during registration cycles.
- Support end-of-term processing as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) plus 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to represent end-user needs.
- Experience and knowledge of PeopleSoft/Oracle relational database functionality.
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop productive working relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills that demonstrate the ability to present and communicate complex, technical information to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Intermediate-level fluency with the MS Office Suite (especially Excel and Access).
- High level of accuracy, extraordinary attention to details, solid proofreading skills, ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines, and adherence to ethical and legal standards in research.
- Demonstrated ability to compile and organize data to derive meaningful insights, including the ability to communicate clearly verbally and in written, numerical, and graphical forms.
- The successful candidate will possess the interest, experience, and/or ability to promote cultural competency and/or diversity.
The successful candidate will possess the interest, experience, and/or ability to promote cultural competency and/or diversity.
Salary and benefits: Salary competitive and commensurate with knowledge, experience and education. Total compensation includes an excellent benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D;)
- Time Away From Work
- Voluntary Benefits
- Tuition Fee Waiver Benefit
- Other Benefits
Required Application Materials: Please attach to your online application a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position. Attach a resume that includes employment history (and dates of employment). Your application may not be considered if you do not ensure that the requested application materials are attached to your application. Please follow these instructions to ensure your materials are attached.
Application Deadline: 11:59pm on June 30, 2018.
Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/. Job Category: Student Services (Professional)
Department: Registrar's Office
Closing Date: Jun 30, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: 180724