Citi Cash & Collateral Management Associate Analyst 2 (Buffalo, NY) in Buffalo, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,Buffalo
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18045331
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all
The Global Margin Group supports a variety of business units and manage collateral requirements for counterparty exposures. The group generates daily margin calls, reconciles portfolio discrepancies, confirms collateral movement, fails management, and reporting. This role will be in the Cross Product Margin utility covering multiple asset classes.
Manage trade cycle including settlements and various life cycle transactions
Manage collateral process including tracking of existing collateral held and instruction of new collateral pledged or received
Reconcile and transact daily margin movements with various counterparties and custodian banks
Management of outstanding trade and reconciliation breaks
Assist in new account on-boarding with both internal and external business partners and clients
Provide reporting of collateral and exposures
Monitor and implement changes in regulatory and market practices.
Perform reporting and risk mitigation processes to meet regulatory requirements
Ensure suitable procedures and controls for all processes
Communicate with various parties such as counterparties and custodians to follow-up on collateral related matters
Conduct analysis that will help identify opportunities to more efficiently and effectively manage margin processes.
Perform reporting and risk mitigation processes to meet regulatory requirements.
• High School diploma or GED, Bachelors degree preferred
• One year of experience in collateral management and metrics reporting a plus
• Knowledge of capital markets and collateral is a plus.
• Excellent verbal communication and business writing skills
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint as well as experience with web based applications required
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communications skill and the ability to effectively convey information and message
• Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities along with a desire to work in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines
• Ability to manage high volumes and sensitive clients efficiently
• Excellent organizational skills and inbox management
• Meticulous and deadline oriented
• Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment and manage responsibilities efficiently in time pressures situations
• Driven individual willing to take ownership of complex issues
• Customer oriented (internal and external) with a commitment to quality
• Ability to work and achieve results with stakeholders
• Flexible with a sense of urgency