Lockheed Martin Electrical Test Technician III in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Description: Operate and test support or data acquisition systems. Assist with diagnosing/troubleshooting equipment system failures, isolating cause and taking necessary corrective action. Perform system installations and/or required modifications. Select, set-up and operate special test equipment to collect, record and/or observe data or signals necessary for failure analysis and for the evaluation of new hardware design or procedural changes. Assist with engineering in the investigation of system anomalies. Can include support equipment, facility equipment, missile systems and missile operations to include flights. Troubleshoot/repair/analyze communication equipment or transmission media to include electromagnetic, fiber optic and transmission line devices. Operate data acquisition systems to process engineering, production and flight test data. Work with production, operations and/or engineering documentation to include work authorization documents, discrepancy documents, sketches, drawings, wiring diagrams, logic diagrams and/or oral/written technical instructions. Independently operate, troubleshoot, repair and maintain computer network and peripheral equipment to include rudimentary programming capability; build-up/assemble/test flight instrumentation packages and supporting hardware. Use various tools to include standard electronic hand tools, precision measuring instruments, shop equipment (drill press, grinder, saws, etc.), fabrication equipment (wire-wrap, crimp and solder station), as necessary to accomplish assigned work.
Desired Skills: * Ability to read and interpret company and customer specifications, procedures and regulations pertaining to the assembly and testing of missiles or their related parts and assemblies.
* Experience in reading and interpreting detailed assembly drawings, sketches and circuit diagrams (schematics) related to support equipment.
* Familiarity with inspection practices and procedures; of operational test methods and of functional test equipment relating to missiles and their components, subsystems, major systems and their integration.
* Strong safety mindset.
* Demonstrated ability to work in teams. Possess a high level of personal attributes/qualities.
* Demonstrated electrical/electronic abilities should be considerable and readily apparent through the description of prior job experience.
* Desirable candidates should possess an adequate knowledge of calibration, preventative and corrective maintenance systems.
* Experience in soldering, wire-wrap and crimping operations.
* Experience in troubleshooting RF support equipment is highly desired. Familiarity with measuring power, VSWR , frequency and other RF parameters.
* When required, support infrequent operations such as DASO's on extended hours and assigned shifts.
* FBM program experience and knowledge of operations is a plus.
* SAP or IMPS experience is a plus
* Experience and disciplines handling flight hardware is a plus
Typically requires an A.A. in Electronics, completion of a two year program in Electronics Technology or a minimum of three years of directly related experience.
General computer knowledge.
Must have solder, wire-wrap and crimping skills
Complete knowledge of electronic circuit theory and the practices necessary to troubleshoot and repair computer control consoles, data acquisition systems, RF systems and peripheral devices.
Must be able to read and interpret detailed assembly drawings, sketches and circuit diagrams (schematics).
Ability to use all types of instruments, test equipment and tools as required.
Familiarity with manufacturing and inspection practices and procedures of operations and support equipment.
Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret level security clearance
Must have a Valid Drivers license
* Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screening.
* In order to hold this classification, the person will be required to maintain solder, wire-wrap and crimp qualifications.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.