Lockheed Martin Electronics Engineer, Life Safety in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company (SSC), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
The Payload Launch Sites Support Services (PLSSS) Program provides all launch processing support functions for Office of Space Launch (OSL). The program’s two primary operating locations are Vandenberg AFB, CA and Cape Canaveral AFS, FL. Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services.
The applicant selected will join the PLSSS Engineering program and work with a team responsible for the operational status, troubleshooting, modification, and sustainment of spacecraft processing and support facilities. This position will focus on critical life safety systems that include fire alarm systems, camera systems, security, and access control systems.
Working at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, the candidate will be responsible to evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures, while using sound judgment to make minor adaptations and modifications to existing designs. Work closely with and apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout their daily activities to meet specific criteria and requirements. Ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations as applicable to service, installation and maintenance of all systems, including NFPA and OSHA safety standards.
Daily activities include:
• Investigate and troubleshoot anomalies
• Prepare work orders to disposition system problems
• Implement system upgrades and design projects
• Prepare and update drawings, plans and procedures
• Prepare purchase requisitions
• Oversee testing and repair activities
• Perform special tests and investigations
• Acquire and maintain sound knowledge of all product lines and services offered
• Identify and communicate system status, scheduling and cost information as well as all system issues to management
• Update the Pre-Fire Plan templates for the customer’s facilities and provide to the authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ)
• Review and provide input and recommendations to fire protection designs, calculations, analyses, and reports produced by outside contractors
• Work closely with construction management and the contractors to determine the most reliable, cost effective means of meeting the customer’s goals
• Participate in testing and commissioning required to obtain the Certificate of Occupancy Permits
The applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Desired Skills: In depth understanding of fire alarm life safety systems (Simons) installation, operation, and testing.
Competency in all aspects of fire protection engineering including fire alarm design, fire suppression design, and life safety code analysis.
NICET Level II, III or IV in fire alarm.
Active NCEES record a plus.
Candidate must have a strong work ethic oriented to achievement of positive results, strong organizational skills, and exceptional customer service, thoroughness and self-motivation.
Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to prioritize, problem solve, respond and present to senior level executives within the customer organizations.
Professional demeanor and personality suited for a team-centric environment
Bachelors degree in an engineering/technical discipline with 4 years of related professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Ability to obtain TS/SCI w/Poly
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.