BWAY Corporation Line Attendant in Cedar City, Utah
BWAY is one of the largest manufacturers of rigid metal and plastic containers in North America. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. BWAY offers comprehensive packaging for a wide variety of applications. BWAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/vets/disability.
Duties include assembling packaging materials, fastening plastic or metal bands around stacks, bundles, or palletized articles using motorized equipment, labeling, and assuring production conformance to scheduled requirements. Provides relieve to others in department for breaks.
- Reads production schedules and product specifications. Notifies machine attendants of pending production changes per schedule.
- Makes simple adjustments or minor repair to stretch wrapper or strapper.
- Takes accurate production count and ensures operators are using proper product labels and trays.
- Assembles corrugated shipping containers, trays, stringers and boxes.
- Clean and blow under conveyors in injection packing area and auto downstream equipment before shift ends.
- Operates plastic banding machine to strap completed pallets.
- Operates stretch wrap machine to secure product on pallets.
- Places finished pallets in a designated area.
- Attaches label or other identifying data on pallets.
- Helps in clean up of injection room.
- Relieves injection molding department personnel for breaks.
- Works with fork lift driver to ensure smooth flow of finished product.
- Covers opposite shift vacations.
- Performs final inspection of product prior to strapping pallets.
- Participates in operator training.
- Knowledgeable of the quality system and particular requirements.
- Prepares a minimum of six hours of packaging setup for the next shift.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions
- Basic Math skills
Physical Requirements: * Ability to be on feet up to 12 hours per shift * Use of hands and fingers to perform job function * Ability to stoop, kneel, bend and climb * Ability to work in confined spaces * Ability to lift up to 35lbs
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Cedar City, UT
Job Type: Manufacturing
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 6/13/2018