Comcast Supv, Installation & Service in Chicago, Illinois
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for supervising a team of technical services personnel
providing service and installation activity. Meets the shop's Company's
standard for QC measurements. Trains Technicians on test equipment
usage and troubleshooting techniques. Manages schedule coordination with
NOC and ensures the proper completion of all scheduled or on-demand
service or maintenance work by coordinating and mentoring team on fair
and business practical methods. Ensures system compliance to NCTA and
FCC regulations and Comcast's minimum operating specifications including
day-to-day procedures associated with compliance as it relates to CT
Techs. Develops staff training quality measurement guidelines and
minimum requirements. Supports and motivates technicians training by
continually monitoring progress and training schedules. In conjunction
with Manager, performs and conducts annual, bi-annual reviews along with
providing an ongoing open communications with team to include coaching,
mentoring, and career development on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Implements standard safety training and maintains daily safety
- Reviews and coordinates nightly check-in and rotates On-Call
- Coordinates all vehicle assignments, maintenance, and inspections.
- Ensures systems and staff are able to respond to the demands of new
technology deployment through demonstrative methods.
- Performs duties of CT1 through CT3, as needed.
- Analyzes operations and performance to assure operational efficiencies
through productivity, QC, and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates department responses to customer and department issues
with a strong sense of urgency.
- Works with other departments, as necessary, to maintain an in-depth
technical knowledge of new technology being deployed.
- Ability to install all types of cable and run service calls to
- Diagnoses all types of signal faults.
- Ability to operate computers.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds, climb utility poles and
drive long periods of time digging, crawling, stooping and standing.
- Complies with all OSHA safety measures.
- Works within manufacturer's rated weight capacity for all equipment,
including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer