Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Staff in Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. The information below provides the primary job description and responsibilities for this position.
The Instructional Designer role is the architect of the learning experience and the director of the ISD process. The person is a self-starter who champions new ideas and industry best practices to better the design for F-35 maintenance training. The Instructional Designer will work closely with the Maintenance Training Lead to execute projects and collaborate with other product teams to assess and design enterprise solutions. This person will also work collaboratively with various experts to coordinate curriculum innovation, development and maintain high-quality and engaging course content. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, hardworking, and possess successful experience designing and producing effective training content.
• Works proactively with military services, training team members, SMEs, contractors, and partners to design highly effective content for F-35 subject matter.
• Create enhanced learning opportunities using the latest tools and techniques to connect with today’s digital-first students
• Identify, evaluate, and integrate emerging technologies to support training strategy
• Evaluate new and adjacent technologies to discover new and better ways to enhance F-35 instruction
• Serves as the learning expert for Instructional Product Support Team. Designs new approaches to integrate interactive virtual learning experiences and micro-learning to enhance classroom and enterprise training needs
• Applies principles of instructional design and adult learning to assess training needs, devise strategies for improving training effectiveness
• Assists in developing and reviewing training materials (for example, videos, quick reference guides, templates, checklists, process documents, etc.) supporting the release of new products
• Effectively manages project schedules and communicates progress with team members throughout the development lifecycle
• Makes recommendations to the product team for new curriculum development and enhancements to the existing curriculum and expand delivery methods
• Participates in the evaluation of training materials and training delivery
• Stays informed of industry trends (for example: micro-learning techniques and gamification)
• Understands learning theory, blending traditional instructional design models with rapid prototyping and data analytics to create training capability
Desired Skills: • Familiarity with F35 Training System product structure, architecture and implementation
• Familiarity with ISD engineering principles and be able to apply to technical analysis and syllabus design efforts supporting courseware and training
• Experience with Learning Content Management Systems and Courseware Development processes and techniques
• Knowledge of educational models and theories, including instructional design (ADDIE, SAT, SAM/Agile) and adult learning theory
• Ability to design assessments to support defined learning objectives
• Strong project management and prioritization skills
• Experience working in a highly technical industry, aircraft and/or military training curricula is preferred
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Adobe Captivate
• Proficient in design tools: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and video editing software
• Strong curriculum design and course development background with demonstrated understanding of all phases of Instructional Systems Design.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and integrate into an existing team structure and become an effective member of the team
• Experience working with United States Government (USG) customers
• Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment with dynamic priorities and varying work tasks.
• Ability to work with cross functional teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully complete assigned projects involving interaction with multiple other teams with minimal guidance.
• Must be able to attain a Secret security clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.