Lockheed Martin Nondestructive Test Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: Perform engineering evaluation including defect analysis, nondestructive testing (NDT) methods analysis, and inspection (when inspection is required must have a minimum level II certification). Prepare and revise Technique Data Sheets (TDS) including evaluation of supplier/co-producer TDSs and procedures. Prepare and review engineering specifications. Develop and evaluate new equipment technology. Design and evaluate Inspection Reference Parts (IRPs). Provide technical support to programs, field personnel, and suppliers/co-producers. Participate in development of NDI training course material for level I and II.
Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to conduct NDI business. May be required to work 1st or 2nd shift and potential weekend shift based on program needs.
Desired Skills: - 5-10 years of aerospace nondestructive testing experience and documented
- Industrial Radiographer or trainer card from the Texas Department of Health.
- An AWS-CWI certification is a plus.
- Previous NAS-410 Level III certification in at least 3 NDT methods (PT, MT, UT, RT, or ET).
- BS Engineering, Math, Science, Technology or certification (ASNT / NAS410 Level 3 certification in at least three of the following methods: PT, MT, RT, UT, ET, or IR).
- Experience in nondestructive inspection (NDI) of: casting, welding, composite structure, and bonded assemblies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and database utilization.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to conduct NDI business.
- Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in US as a permanent resident. This position is located at facility that requires special access.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.