Avidex AV/IT Project Manager in Fremont, California
Avidex is looking for a Project Manager who has extensive knowledge of the construction and audio visual industry. The PM is responsible for: preplan of each projects scope, costs, scale and schedule, lead the job through implementation, commissioning and final acceptance. The PM is the primary day to day contact between the Account Manager, Engineering, Scheduler, Installation, Support Technicians, Customer, Construction team, and operations. Must be able too perform the job with little to no supervision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects; sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Review job documentation and assess the logistics of the jobs assigned and ensure that the plan for each job is sound in terms of scope,scale and safety.
- Conduct initial site survey to assess logistical, material and tool requirements for implementation.
- Ability to negotiate win/win resolutions during conflict sometimes in anxious situations as well innovative problem resolution with proven results
- Prepare documantation including; meeting notes, task lists, job schedule, RFIs, RFCos, letters, memos, manual request forms, punch-lists, job closure documents,, etc.. to keep job running smoothly
- 8+ yrs experience within the AudioVisual or related industry
- Proven expertise in AV/IT installations as well as knowledge of AV and computer hardware & software
- Must have proficiency loading and retrieving Crestron and AMX code
- Must have proficiency programming Extron and SP Control Systems
- Must have proficiency setting up audio and video conferencing systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certification as a Project Manager a plus.
- Follow-up and Follow-through skills
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook at the intermediate level; knowledge of project management software preferred
- Proven ability to lead teams through influence
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Project Management or equivalent work experience
Benefits:Full medical, dental and vision programs, 401(k) Plan with employer match, Flexible spending, Paid time off
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
Job Start/End Date: 13-Jun-2018 to 12-Aug-2018 (EST)
Location: Fremont, CA, USA
Employment Type: Full Time