Lockheed Martin Senior Systems Administrator in Herndon, Virginia
Description: This team is at the intersection of systems engineering, technology innovation and creativity. This role is for engineers who love to build products, explore new capabilities, and work on a variety of technologies. The engineer will work with stakeholders to understand their requirements and help them realize the full value of these products.
This position is part of a small and innovative team who operate in a dynamic environment with a start-up like mentality. We love using the latest technologies, either FOSS or COTS. The team is responsible for operating and maintaining the Programs’ network and systems that supports several different external partners and offers flexibility with dependability. The person that serves in this role will work closely with other team members who love to share and learn together. Responsibilities include SysAd/SysEng for Windows/Linux/Cloud/Security and networking.
Desired Skills: Candidate should have experience in domains such as, but no limited to:
- Networking (Applications, routing, troubleshoot, security)
- Cloud (Public and private cloud architecture and providers)
- Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Mac) to include configuration, hardening, networking and troubleshooting
- Test, Integration and Automation Tools (Atlassian tools, Git, SVN, Jenkins, Test Link, Gerrit)
- Test, integration and verification background and methodology
- DevOps / Continuous Integration (CI)
- TS/SCI W/ Poly
- Previous Systems Administration / Systems Engineering Experience.
- Considered an expert in one or more of the following Operating Systems (OS), Linux, Unix, Mac, Windows, IOS
- Experience or education in cyber security, computer science or related field
- Previous experience in system hardening
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.