Tuality Healthcare Admitting Representative-91003 in Hillsboro, Oregon
Summary of Duties
The Admitting Representative is a unique role within the Tuality Healthcare system. The Admitting Representative welcomes the patient into the care delivery setting, providing direction and assistance. Initiates the administrative system which lays the groundwork for the patient’s clinical care as well as the financial documentation during registration by interviewing patients and/or family members, obtaining signatures on legal consents and insurance forms, entering demographic and insurance information according to service provided, patient need, payer requirements and hospital policy. Collects appropriate co-pays or deposits. Supports the practice by providing excellent customer service, demonstrating professional communication on the phone and in face-to-face customer contact, problem solving, and functioning as a team member to other staff. Accepts and stores patient valuables. Ensures customer satisfaction and offers solutions to patient/visitor concerns and demonstrates appropriate knowledge and skills necessary to communicate with diverse populations. May float to multiple inpatient/outpatient service locations and remains competent in all service areas. Familiar with the switchboard and understand how to respond to facility codes.
- Education: Six months of work experience in a medical office setting, including high volume direct patient contact, or one year of work experience in a high volume direct public contact position.
- Certification: Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) Preferred.
- Basic computer keyboarding skills including typing of 30-45 wpm.
- Previous Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Experience Preferred.
- Strong relationship building skills with patients, providers, staff, management.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal, and patient advocacy skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and urgent patient and organization needs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willing to serve as a positive and professional role model.
- Proven record of reliable attendance, punctuality, and successful performance with past and present employers.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Flexibility to work every other weekend (for On Call positions only)
- Bilingual skills a plus.
*At Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU brings the advanced medical resources of Oregon’s only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the country’s top specialists and pass that expertise on to Tuality patients where they can be cared for in their community. *
Tuality’s many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area’s premier healthcare providers, including 5th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, Tuality’s 6th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association, and 2016 #1 Nationwide Best Hospital IT Department to work for according to Healthcare IT News.
Here at Tuality our employees care about making a difference. In fact, they care so much that in our most recent employee satisfaction survey we had an 80% participation rate! Tuality is truly unique because of the relationships we build and as individuals we are seen and heard. Come be part of our team, and let your voice be heard!
Additional Posting Information
Tuality Healthcare believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.
Req #: 2018-4697
Job Type: Full Time (72+ hours per pay period)
Job Locations: US-OR-Hillsboro
# of Openings: 1
Budgeted Hours Per Pay Period: 72+