Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Electrical in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new paradigm in space, Lockheed Martin Space Protection Programs is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design, and build solutions to some of the nation’s hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus for you to accomplish incredible things on rapid timelines. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will lead the development of first-of-a-kind spacecraft electrical systems for Space Protection Programs. You will be responsible for all aspects of new payload product lifecycles, including: requirements definition, system architecting, system integration, system testing, and on-orbit demonstrations. This position will directly impact the history of space and will require your dedicated commitment and ability to push technological boundaries.
• Perform system architecture, integration, and test functions for spacecraft electrical systems
• Transition low TRL technologies into delivered products for flight demonstrations
• Work with other engineering disciplines to deliver mission critical end to end solutions
• Develop and release electrical systems engineering documentation
• Prepare for and participate in major customer reviews: i.e. SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, PSR, etc.
• Support and lead problem investigations to determine the root cause / corrective actions to ensure the readiness, reliability, and safety of delivered systems
• Mentor junior engineers in their accomplishment of supporting tasks
Desired Skills: • Master’s degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical, Computer, or closely related field) combined with relevant work experience
• Experience in the development of system requirements and verification
• Working understanding of spacecraft subsystems (e.g. structures, propulsion, thermal, guidance and control, etc.)
• Subcontractor technical management experience
• Major Program Review experience (i.e. SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.)
• Experience interfacing directly with US Government customers and advisors
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Satellite Hosted Payload design and/or program experience a plus
• Small Satellite experience a plus
• Hands on hardware/software build and testing a plus
• Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical, Computer, or closely related field) combined with relevant work experience
• Electrical systems experience (e.g., avionics, communications, RF payloads, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to integrate across multiple engineering disciplines as well as different geographical locations while driving technical tasks to closure
• Experience with multiple engineering lifecycles
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.