Aon Corporation Assistant Financial Accountant in London, United Kingdom
Assistant Financial Accountant
Aon are currently recruiting an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our team in London. The Assistant Financial Accountant will be primarily responsible for focusing on ensuring Aon UK Limited’s compliance with the FCA’s CASS 5 client money rules including the performance of frequent client money drawdowns and related controls and preparing monthly MI packs which provide management with a clear understanding of the firm’s compliance status.
Compliance with CASS 5 is a fundamental and imperative requirement for any UK insurance broker and therefore experience in this area is very valuable for any UK insurance broking finance professional. Failure to comply with CASS can have adverse effects on the firm’s reputation and can ultimately lead to regulatory fines or worse, therefore this is a very key role and function.
This role will be will required to support the Fiduciary Accounting Manager on strategic projects as well as liaising with external and internal auditors to help drive improvements in the Fiduciary function.
This role will be required to work closely with the EMEA Finance Centre in Krakow to collaborate on financial reporting, analysis and finance initiatives that support Aon strategic objectives as well as the Treasury function on bank and MMF matters.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As an Assistant Financial Accountant some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Complete monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and journal postings, attend monthly Client Money Committee, perform regular and accurate Client Money calculation and drawdowns.
- Prepare and complete quarterly, month-end and mid-month Client Money reporting requirements to the stated deadlines.
- Assisting with the quarterly review of Client Money related processes undertaken by non-Controllership teams.
- Preparing the monthly Client Money Committee pack and minutes.
- Scheduling the monthly Client Money Committee meetings and monthly calculation and drawdown dates.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the processes undertaken by Treasury and the outsourced fiduciary accounting provider in relation to client money.
- Responsibility for the opening and closing of GL accounts in relation to bank accounts and MMF’s.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Aon’s broking systems and keep up to date documentation on an on-going basis.
- Assist with projects focused on improving processes and controls aimed at achieving further efficiencies within the business.
- Assist with answering queries raised by EY / Internal audit / Compliance.
- Understand CASS5 Client Money rules to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Work with the business to improve the quality, accuracy and timeliness of information requests and reports.
- Work collaboratively with the UK Finance, EMEA Finance Centre and other teams within the organisation to complete tasks and activities more effectively.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As an Assistant Financial Accountant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Experience and knowledge
- Understanding of the Auditing, Accounting and Reporting function.
- Familiarity with the Insurance and/or Brokerage industry.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal, organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Competent in Excel with the ability to use a range of the programme’s features.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.
Job number: 2444275
Category: Accounting & Finance
Location: United Kingdom, London