Octopus Investments Back Office Team Leader in London, United Kingdom
At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ over 500 people and manage more than £6 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
· Ongoing 1:1s with team members and bi-monthly reviews
· Development of team members and monthly development meetings
· Manage and co-ordinate work and the delivery of projects within the team. Ensuring that these are delivered within the timescales.
· Introducing and delivery of process improvements within the team
· Establishing and implementing team procedures and conducting an annual review of all of the team’s procedures. Maintain current process governance and ensure team follows due process.
· Resolving issues relating in a timely fashion and to the best outcome, while working within procedures and regulatory
· Liaise with third party IT providers to ensure system integration with our internal system.
Delivery of the following:
Ø Cash Management
· Process cash withdrawals via Cheque/Bacs/Chaps Payments.
· Run Direct Debit processes and income runs.
· Clearance and investigation of Residual cash balances on Client portfolios.
· Monitoring of Client Money Bank accounts.
· Liaising with customers where required by both letter and e-mail.
· Compliance with FSA requirements and rules (Client Money, Systems and controls and client assets)
· Compliance with other bodies rules (PTM etc)
· Monitoring and confirmation of all client assets (stock and cash / electronic and safe custody) for Octopus (where held by the team)
· Reporting the investigation and resolving any reconciliation breaks
· Cash and stock reconciliations which includes Client Money and Funds
Ø Isa Administration
Ø Investment Processing (Knowledge of Crest Settlements, Corporate Actions, Dividend Processing)
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
Outline of skills/experience required
· Management skills
· Currently working at a senior level 5 / team manager level or industry experience in a similar role
· Strong problem solving and organisational abilities.
· Customer Focused.
· Hands on team player.
· Adaptable and flexible
· Competent with both written and oral communication with people at all levels.
· Well organized and thorough.
· Personable with the ability to handle difficult people and deal with people of all levels.
· Mature and confident.
· Works well under pressure and can conform to tight deadlines.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks accurately.
· A flexible attitude to both work undertaken and working hours.
· Able to react quickly in a pressurized environment and make decisions.
· Must be curious and seek to instill automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate Must be comfortable in using technology and leveraging digital applications and media platforms
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place so, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.
External Company URL: www.octopusinvestments.com
Address Line 1: 33 Holborn