Caterpillar, Inc. Entry Level Revenue Analyst in Peoria, Illinois
Entry Level Revenue Analyst
For nearly 90 years, CaterpillarInc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive changeon every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them developinfrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’sleading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and naturalgas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don'tjust build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologiesand analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs. We are bringingour industry into the Age of Smart Iron. A lasting legacy of talented andcommitted employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team thathas allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction ofthe Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have neverfailed to give customers enduring results through superior service andinnovation.
Our Revenue Management Professionalscollaborate in a team environment to establish and execute optimal price levelsfor various products and services through providing pricing recommendationsbased upon thorough analysis of various business indicators including sales,competitive environment and product value characteristics. The revenuemanagement training program exposes entry level analysts to products, services,competition, the dealer organization and the global needs of Caterpillarcustomers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly reports to Government agencies.
- Monitor, document and analyze pricing actions of competitors.
- Maintain the company’s master price history records.
- Gather and analyze shipment volume and sales.
- Calculate and maintain yield and revenue data in order to determine the effectiveness and profitability of pricing strategies and tactics.
- Maintains internal controls including Sarbanes-Oxley control documentation and is responsible for the testing and validating of these controls.
- Ability to impact key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, etc.
Professionals within the program mustbe willing to travel as needed for customer support.
Applicants will be considered forpositions throughout the United States.
Thousands of Caterpillar employeescome into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re reallycontributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we knowthat innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person.Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projectscan grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines,services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusivework environment.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the companyit is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work.Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed toempowering the success of the employees. When employees win, so doesCaterpillar.
If you are interested in applyingfor this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copyof your transcripts, to your application.
- Must be currently enrolled in the Caterpillar Corporate Revenue Analyst Internship Program
- A 4 year college degree or equivalent experience concentrated in business administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting, or related fields.
- Knowledge of various Caterpillar products, product applications or merchandising programs.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software packages.
- Excellent analytical skills, high levels of initiative, accountability and communication skills.
- Previous revenue management/pricing and/or relevant work experience
- Strong initiative, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Leadership involvement in student associations
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to relocate throughout career
Caterpillar is not currently hiringindividuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship foremployment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers manyjob opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employmentwebsite at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visitcaterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit
Job Additional Functional Areas
Primary Location United States-Illinois-Peoria
Unposting Date: Jul 20, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Req ID: 1800076T