Comcast iOS Developer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Digital Home iOS team.This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of Xfinity Home Security & Automation interactive products with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role, you will collaborate with other mobile, web and embedded systems developers, designers, testers, tech-operators and business managers. While the primary responsibilities will include developing features for existing iOS apps as well as building new iOS apps from scratch, you will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the products. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building mobile applications (Obj-C, Swift) that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (millions of users) as well as home automation devices and wireless mesh networks (e.g. ZigBee and Z-Wave).
- 2 years professional experience in creating native iOS applications, preferably ones that have been approved for release in the App Store
- Familiarity with common libraries and Cocoa design patterns
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Ability to think critically and independent
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS :
- Experience working with Internet-of-things frameworks or platforms (SmartThings, Nest, AWS IOT, etc.)
- Familiarity with wireless mesh networking (ZigBee, Z-Wave, Thread, etc.)
- Experience building/operating mobile applications dependent on large-scale (>1MM users) platforms with high availability
- Knowledge of source control and code review systems (Github, Gerrit)
- Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer