Lockheed Martin Sr Technician Field / AN/SPY-1 Radar / San Diego, CA in San Diego, California
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Will ensure the AN/SPY-1 Radar equipment is operational and available in support of Aegis Modernization Tasking in various locations. This position coordinates with the AN/SPY-1 Radar Systems Engineer for primarily signal processor and antenna equipment but may include AN/SPY-1 Transmitter Equipment as well. Additionally this technician assists the AN/SPY-1 Radar Systems Engineer in identifying, isolating, and repairing the SPY-1 equipment problems.
• Ensure AN/SPY Radar equipment is activated, operational and properly configured to support each test event
• Identify and resolve AN/SPY Radar equipment and documentation discrepancies
• Execute AN/SPY-1 Radar Planned Maintenance System (PMS) in support of Pre-assessments and ALO Assessments
• Assist in the resolution of AN/SPY-1 Radar logistics issues
• Assist the AN/SPY-1 Radar Systems Engineer during test performance
• Assist the AN/SPY-1 Radar Systems Engineer with collection and analysis of AN/SPY-1 Radar performance data
• Support crew familiarization with AN/SPY-1 Radar System equipment, maintenance, and operations.
Desired Skills: UNIX-based open architecture experience; ability to understand UNIX-based program commands and local area network (LAN) theory
Experience with Aegis BL9 AN/SPY-1 Multi Mission Signal Processor.
Experience with Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Signal Processor
Knowledge of, or experience in, troubleshooting and maintaining functional equipment areas of the Aegis Weapon System to include UYQ-70 Display equipment, ORTS , ALIS LAN architecture, COTS-based processing systems used onboard AEGIS Ships or other military UNIX based display equipment.
• Field Experience in electronic repair
• Familiarity with hardware, software, and network test equipment used to evaluate and correct operational failures (i.e. multi-meters, o-scopes, spectrum and network analyzers)
• Ability to perform Planned Maintenance System (PMS) procedures on AN/SPY-1 Radar System
• Ability to conduct fault detection/fault isolation procedures for AN/SPY-1 radar
• Capable of administering crew training when required in operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the AN/SPY-1 Radar Equipment
Travel may be required over 50 percent of the time. Must be in physical condition to support embarkation on U.S. Navy ship underway.
Candidate should possess strong problem solving skills and be
able to learn from experience.
Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Will be subject to drug screening as per company policy.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.