IHG Director of Conference & Banqueting Sales in St Julians, Malta
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed client expectations.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Director of Conference & Banqueting Sales oversees all functions of the Conference/Conventions Services Department. Ensure that all conferences, meetings and group activities are coordinated and managed within client expectations. Upsell client events and manage function space and room block inventory to maximize hotel profit. Ensure hotel and client fulfill group contractual commitments.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assist in completing forecasts, plans, and productivity reports for management.
· Plan and conduct GRC, Event and BEO Meetings with convention and catering staff. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and upsell products and services while minimizing waste to increase revenue. Communicate results to the team and keep them updated on departmental targets
· Communicate Group Dashboard results on a monthly bases and fine tune strategy
· Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines.
· Assist with proposals when needed and take ownership for TOP Bookings.
· Direct day-to-day conference/convention activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
· Lead the entire performance review process from self-evaluation staged to one to one discussions
· Educate and train team members in compliance with brand and service standards, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Ensure appropriate staffing levels based on guest volume. Interact with outside contacts: Guests, Vendors, and other contacts as needed.
· Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel or company rules and policies.
· Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
· Conduct banquet and catering facility tours and entertain clients to enhance the guest’s meeting/banquet experience.
· For business with significant financial impact:
a. Assist clients with menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc.
b. Arrange all details of meetings and conventions to include room set-ups, staging, lighting, audio-visual, traffic flow, menus, décor, entertainment, group room blocks, and VIP services.
c. Plan and conduct pre-event and post-event meetings with clients and catering staff to determine potential enhancements to the guest experience.
· Monitor MSS and BDRC results, create action plan for lower scored items.
· Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
· Coordinate safety and security initiatives to ensure meetings flow smoothly with minimal interruptions or problems. Coach and advice clients on meeting options and alternatives that potentially reduce waste, save energy and have a minimal impact on the environment.
· Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
The successful candidate will have a relevant Bachelors' degree and a minimum of 3 years post graduate work experience in the field, ideally with an international hotel brand, as well as experience leading a team of others. Your excellent communication skills, a strong drive for results, coupled with the ability to think ahead and confidently lead and develop yourself and colleagues will see you succeed in this role. Knowledge of Opera and Delphi are highly regarded.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the EU & must be in possession of the relevant passport and visa.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Location: Malta-St Julians
Requisition ID: 00524